Sunday, September 7, 2008

A healthy way to live......

I like talking about healthy balanced diets. I find it pretty interesting topic. Everytime I read or talk with someone about this I often learn newer attractive things.
It is amazing how people put so much importance on it in order to improve their appearance and also to avoid disease. On the other hand, nowadays there are a lot of overweight and obese people, at least 300 million of them clinically obese. That is why it is the majority risk for chronic disease, including: diabetes, cardiobascular deseas, hypertension and certain forms of cancer.
So, why people do not make an effort in order to be healthier? I think, it is because most of the people follow their family bad habits roles, and also they like going on an easier way to eat, because it is faster to get tacos and tortas on the streets than preparing meal at home. Personally I think, that is a totally wrong way to be. Because, you have to think

that "you are what you eat".
Since I was a little child I have learned about how to balance "the food pyramid". I think it is enjoyable to make nutrition by variety. Thanks God neither my family nor me have never had obesity problems; I think it is because we were always used to having good eating habits. Eventhough I was three times pregnant, I have never had to be on an extrict diet to loose weight. The only diet I have always followed is by eating healthy food. I mean, trying to eat as better as I could.
The largest part of our diet should consist of fruit, vagetables and grains; they provide energy, also a variety of vitamins like C, A, E and antioxidants for the body to avoid disease. The best are those that are colorfull (have a componenet called betacaroten) as mention some of my favorite like, carrots, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers,tomatoes, celery. Also I enjoy eating fruit, I love all of them; kiwis, mangoes and pineapple make me creazy; ahhh, and so, I believe in that English saying: "a delicious juicy apple a day keeps the docotor away" .
A moderate amount of protein food; they are compound that are responsible for most of the vital body's functions; also, these should be eaten to get stronger muscles when you like to be fitness. My favorites are any kind of fresh fish, turkey breast, salmon and tuna, because they provide the most protein. Red meat should be eaten only one or two times per week. Also, daily products are so important on a balanced diet, especially to have stronger bones and teeth. My favorite is low-fat yogurth with natural honey and granola. I think it is a fabulous energy breakfast.
Oils, including unsaturated fats are important too, like olive oil, avocado, walnuts,almonds, fish oil, etc.. They contain lot of omega 3 that is very important to mantain healthy function within the body.
Sugars forms only a small part of our diet; they give us part of energy, but also a kind of pleasure, especially for those who can not avoid eating some desserts like ice cream, choclates etc. You may eat them, but just rarely times, not vey often, well; "a little poison will not kill you". Many people may think it is difficult to follow because eating habits are set in early chilhood. But, just think..it worths doing it.
Other important point to keep in mind is by drinking a lots of natural water, at least two liters per day. More water should be drunk by fruit juices or any other kind of liquids. Personally, I usually like to drink coffee in the mornings , so, I know I have to drink more natural water the rest of the day long in order to remove from my body.
Another so important advice is either practicing any kind of sport or having a work-out rutine. Machines to practice cardiobasculare rutines are a good alternative and one of the most recommended in order to keep metabolism in a good way. Personally I like fast walking or jogging at the park, that helps me to give up my daily stress. Also they remove toxins and burn fatty from the body in order to keep a healthier and good shape.
Nowadays, people like practicing lifting- weight at the gym; personally, I think it is a faster way to get muscle tone. You may combine both rutines.
I consider myself as a physical exercise and healthy food fan. Through my life I have seen and known many people that have changed their lives, including either on physically or mentally ways, just by following healthy piece of advice. I have too, so, I can prove myself that it is a total way to be and feel really great!!

No comments: